Principles of Granulation
Granulation is one of the most important and most widely used unit operations in drug manufacturing. A basic understanding of the mechanics of granulation and compression will help to achieve better control and improved performance.
The purpose of this DVD is to explain:
- the reasons for granulation.
- the basic principles of the granulation process.
- the basic ingredients of a formulation and their contribution in producing a typical pharmaceutical formulation.
- the methods used to achieve satisfactory homogeneity for correct dose delivery and free-flowing material for producing satisfactory tableting characteristics.
- the problems that can arise during the granulation process and the associated effects that occur during the compression stage.
- the importance of adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure the production of a free flowing material and satisfactory bonding to form a perfect compact.